It’s not easy to be a great leader. Leadership requires a unique set of skills and personality traits. Not everyone is a great leader, yet you can improve your leadership skills and qualities. Use these 6 personality traits of great leaders to become a leader worth following.
- Boldness. Great leaders are willing to get things done despite the risks involved. You need to set the course for your people. It is also important as a leader to take the blame for bad decisions and learn from those mistakes.
- Confidence. Being confident helps build trust. People are more willing to believe you and do what you are asking when you are confident in your decisions or plans.
- Emotional Stability. When you lead others, there are many ups and downs. It is important to project a level of calm in the face of adversity. It’s your responsibility to keep your emotions under control, remain calm, and lead the way.
- Inspirational. Coming from a place of passion helps people get on board with your vision and willing to do the work to make it happen. The opposite of inspiration is intimidation which is the mark of a bad leader. Learn how to inspire others to do their best and to demonstrate loyalty to you.
- Humility. Balance out confidence with humility to prevent coming across as arrogant. While arrogant people often rise to leadership positions, few of them thrive in those roles. Humility helps people trust and like you.
- Integrity. This is probably the most important trait to have. Integrity is your core values and moral compass. It is how you show up in the world. Without integrity, no one will trust you. No matter the situation, being true to your values every time helps people build trust in your leadership and want to follow you.
Being a great leader is hard work. You can be a leader without having or developing these traits. It is all up to you. What kind of leader do you want to be? If you want to be seen as a great leader, use these personality traits of great leaders to become a leader worth following.
If you would like help with your leadership skills and traits, please reach out.